Tuesday, December 2, 2008

I'm sticking with twinkle lights and homemade mangers

We bought a Christmas tree last night (note the festive green text). A REAL one. This is one decorating event Steve and I agree on - except for the ribbon, which he says is silly and I think is a nice finishing touch. But now our house smells nice and pine-y. Mmmm...

Christmas was our first EVENT together in the married world. We got married in November last year, so one of the first things we did after the honeymoon was pick out a nice, fragrant tree for the living room (with a red skirt and everything), and then decorate our new little home for the holiday. It's a memory I'm more than happy to re-create :)

This year I have added some outdoor snowflake lights to our decor (last year the decorating was an indoor affair only). I love living somewhere I can actually decorate for the holiday (as much as I loved the 3' plastic tree I carted from apartment to apartment in college). But don't worry, I won't go crazy. And for the record, I do not condone large blow-up lawn ornaments. There's just something a little ridiculous about the nativity scene depicted in 5' inflatable nylon, agreed?

3 comments:

Hane-nahMarie said...

I want to camp out in the isle of blow up lawn ornaments, so I can see the people who are excited about buying them. I only see their houses, ya know.... but i wanna get a look at their faces. I'm curious.

Brittany Feala said...

I love your blog Kate! I forgot how well you write. Its very funny to read.

Tat said...

I'm against blow-up decorations of pretty much any kind... including the ginormous inflatable gimmicks they tend to have at used car lots. C'mon, do they really sell more cars because there's a giant, air-filled gorilla at the entrance?