Wednesday, February 18, 2009

He's at it again...


Those of you familiar with My husband vs. the kitchen may be wondering how my other half has stayed out of trouble for so long. Well, this has been a particularly eventful week for him, so you're about to get the update (love you sweetie!). Ready?

  • I bought some oranges at the Sunflower Market last week. I didn't realize at the time that they were blood oranges, so Steve didn't get a warning. He took one to school for lunch, peeled it, found the deep red/purple-y inside, panicked and threw the entire orange away. When I came home I got the full, horrified account of the contaminated orange.
  • My always romantic hubby got me a dozen roses for Valentine's Day (sorry ladies, he's taken). The packet of flower food says "add to water," but apparently does not specify that you should first remove the food from the packet. I got a lovely bouquet in a glass vase with a floating green and white plastic packet in the water.
  • Last but not least, Steve cooked dinner tonight (thank you!). It was spaghetti, which has always been one of his specialties, but tonight he decided to keep it warm while I took a shower (he's romantic AND thoughtful)...by leaving it in the pot on the stove. I was a little surprised when I came downstairs and found it still cooking.
    "You can overcook spaghetti?"
    Apparently. On the plus side, we didn't have to chew our dinner!

To be fair, he also got the highest score in his class on his social psych test, aced two papers last week, and heated up a mean can of spaghetti sauce! Also, neither of us had actually eaten a blood orange prior to this week.

5 comments:

Emilia said...

OK...first of all...LOVE blood oranges! Secondly...I love it! He is entirely sweet and takes wonderful care of you...and makes for great blogging. :) Hope all is well!

Brittany Feala said...

I LOVE sunflower farmers market. I love your blogs! Very entertaining!

Tat said...

Hee hee. Steve's culinary knowledge and Micah's knowledge of popular music could have a contest. I was once listening to David Bowie and he asked me who it was. I told him to guess. His reply, in all seriousness, was "Stevie Nicks?"

She Loves To Make said...

Your husband is so funny! The first time I saw a blood orange I was freaked out too!

The Trevor said...

Blood oranges are amazing... and surprisingly very hard to find here in Tallahassee... sad.

(aside)... Tat, I think that answer is grounds for an annulment.