Wednesday, February 25, 2009

J

So (kind of a while ago) on an impulse, I decided to play in one of those blog memes. Clever girl gave me the letter J. So here they are...my favorite things that begin with...

J ackets


I think there's nothing classier than a nice jacket or coat. I wish I were one of those girls who has a beautiful jacket to go with every outfit. I only have one really cute one and I'm envious of the sea of beautiful coats I see in the winter.

J ell-o Pudding




I think Mr. Cosby summed it up. What's not to love about pudding - especially chocolate? Plus, no list of my favorites would be complete without Chocolate (notice its status as a proper noun) getting some face time. I also love this retro commercial :)

J et lag

Not that I particularly enjoy being exhausted, but jet lag means I've traveled somewhere exciting and maybe new. Yay!

J ane Austen



I LOVE Jane Austen's books, and most of the movies made about them. I don't care if they do set false expectations about romance for girls everywhere, I think they should be in every personal library. And I think all men should wear coats like the one Colin Firth wears in A&E's Pride and Prejudice.

J ogging

Which is funny, because I had no idea I liked it until about a year ago - in the middle of training for my first half marathon. I still remember realizing I loved it as I made it past the first three miles of a six-mile run on a beautiful almost spring day. Now I miss it if I go without for very long.

J
ack-o-lanterns


Autumn is my favorite season. I love the way the air smells, any baked pumpkin treat, and (naturally) scooping the guts out of a pumpkin. Carving is good too.

J ack Johnson


Job description: singer-songwriter-director-surfer. It just doesn't get any cooler than that. Plus he kicks it with the Obamas. And have you heard the man's voice? Thank you. There's always new music to like, but Jack will always have my heart. (In MUSIC sweetie, obviously. I mean, clearly he's not even cute, right? Ahem.)

J ungles

This one goes with my travel obsession. Trekking through a little piece of the Amazon in huge rubber boots and swinging on a zipline through Jamaica's jungle (ooh - that's a double J - do I get extra points for that?) are two of my favorite travel memories.

J ones Hall

OK, so only a couple of you will follow this one - but freshman year with five fabulous roomies definitely has to make the list. Especially the part where we constantly spoke in {terrible} British accents. What was that about?

And last but CERTAINLY not least...

J uniors!

Not in an upperclassmen kind of way. As in my husband is Steve Jr. and he ABSOLUTELY makes the top ten of any list! (And not just to suck up because I mentioned Jack.) Muah!




OK, so if anyone wants to play, leave a comment and I'll give you a letter. But I'll just go ahead and warn ya that doing this, although fun, made me remember why I usually skip these. It takes like, forever.

No comments: