Saturday, February 7, 2009

Faux Pas


Yesterday was my cousin's birthday and we had a li'l' family celebration today. When we bought his present, Steve and I decided to hedge our bets and get a gift receipt. So I was feeling so considerate and prepared when he pulled it out of the wrapping paper and when he looked confused by the accompanying paperwork, I just said (maybe a bit smugly) -

"It's a gift receipt."

But he still looked confused and handed it to me across the table.

"No, I think this is..."

The actual receipt. With the "you saved..." line circled and everything.

Whoops.

4 comments:

AJ and Jessica said...

Haha. That's funny. I'm always so afraid of doing that. But is it really that dreadful for someone to know the dollar amount of their present? I suppose worse has happened. (Or at least that is what I tell myself to keep me from unwrapping the gift to check that I actually put the right receipt in.)

Hane-nahMarie said...

HOW TACKY of you Kate! I hope you never buy me presents that were on sale!ugh!

BrookeandJordan said...

LoL oh Kate how I absolutely love your stories!!! I wish we both were on a beach too. We were going to come down for Pres day weekend. But its not lookin so good. Spring Break is in a monthish when is Steves?? WE have got to come see you guys!!!

BrookeandJordan said...

Apparently I wasnt done talking after the first comment. OH and about the hair. It is dark and the purpley red dark brown color. I have to dye out of a bottle seeing how its 100 bucks here to dye your hair. OUCH!!! SO my new hairdresser is my mom in law who is totally into new colors hence the color :)Beleive me I hardly recognize myself! It has to be dark otherwise the blonde turns my hair copper so Im makin do until I strike my millions... Cross your fingers it happens sooner than later :) Suddenly Ive turned into a blabber mouth...quitting now